Monday, Nofunday


Photo of the day: Julius Shulman's famous shot of Pierre Koenig's famous Case Study House #22. I just can't get enough of this one.

An uneventful day after a pretty good weekend... Actually as good a weekend as I could have asked for without a longer time slot.

Friday night (Halloween) consisted of a jaunt to Durham in an attempt to see friends at UNC (this turned out to be too complicated to work out), then back to State to see what was going on at Ashe Street (have we given that house a name?) then back to the room before too late.

Saturday morning was a relatively early one to make it to Rocky Mount in time to play paintball for my first time. This was a lot of fun, and I wasn't bad for a beginner. I stopped at 3:35pm though (later than I should have) to head home to early vote by 5:00.


View Larger Map

That's basically the route, and despite all bets being against me I made it JUST under the wire (as in <1 min), to be probably the last person to early vote in Fayetteville. Go Obama!

Sunday was both momentous and uneventful, in that not much happened, but I did finally get to order a new computer, which should be here in a little over 2 weeks.
If you're interested in those details...
Sager NP9262
2.83 GHz Quad-Core Intel Q9550
4gb RAM (though XP Pro 32-bit only recognizes 3.4ish)
NVidia GeForce 9800M GTX 1gb
17" 1920x1200 screen
200gb HDD
VERY excited about that one.

Monday... not much. We talked in studio about reducing the size of my floor plan to conform to the new Solar Decathlon rules. Or maybe the possibility of changing the rules. They really don't make much sense... Now, I have GOT to study for a test I have tomorrow.


Blog Post: Final Gear on the Top Gear Season 12 Premiere
Watching: Top Gear Season 12, Episode 01
Listening: Band of Horses - The Funeral

'Til Tomorrow...

No comments: